Monday, February 25, 2008

First day!

I'm sooo tired.

Anyway, when I went to IMU this morning, I looked for Joey first. Since she was near the cafeteria, I walked towards the area and passed by someone really familiar. Something about her is very familiar: the body size, the hair and the way she carries her stuff. So, I asked Joey, "Do you feel that she's familiar? I think that is Sarwees."

Joey said "NOO... I don't see her anywhere." Hmm, maybe I was so fascinated by something else that I thought of Sarwees. Mana tahu...

I walked back towards the atrium and called out "Sarwees!" If she turns, it's her. If she doesn't, then, I'll just walk away. And she did! Sarwees is in the same batch as me as well! *excited* I guess I couldn't stop talking to her for the following 3 hours.

During the speech, a girl sat beside me; very fluent in English with the American accent though look nothing like Malaysian, I asked her, "Where are you from?" and she said, "I'm from South Korea." (Anyone in our class interested? KG...)

Then, I met this other guy from Pakistan whose name is so hard to pronounce. I call him JP. The first thing he asked was, "What is 'la'?" and "Why is every one in Malaysia saying 'la'?" It was hard explaining to him but in the end, his friend just said that he'll get used to it. Awkward and funny really.

3 comments:

silver.eeying said...

i thought sarwees is studying in somewhat institution in perak?

Anonymous said...

"Did you know~~~
Actually~~~ The word 'la' came by in 1957 from a man who loves to eat lala, and kept saying 'la'.
Now, you know.."
-Hitz.FM

Anonymous said...

nope savy went to imu! she told me wen she gt in so ya!