Friday, January 25, 2008

CNY memories

Oh my gosh! You guys are flooding the cbox.

I bet most of you have finished your Chinese New Year shopping be it clothes or decorations or whatever. Who is already in the mood for it? Besides, anyone planning to buy firecrackers?

I remember how I used to play 'Pop pop' and the stick type. My neighbour would offer me a couple of sticks to play with. Chinese New Year to me, is not only the time to visit relatives and collect red packets but also time for me to spend with friends. In my hometown, I have only about 5 friends. Well, that's a fact considering the moving around since young.

It has been tradition since young. We would always sit outside the house and look at the stars. Other than that, we talk until 2- 3 am. Call us crazy but that is not all. We sometimes play badminton and depending on the street lamps to give us light for vision purposes.

I remember one time when we played football on the road. I accidentally kicked the ball that was coming towards me ar high speed. I said accidentally because I was going to stop it but rather, my reflex actions made me kick it. So, it went flying and hit another car that was parked at the side. Sure, the alarm went of and all five of us ran and hide; especially me. XD

Since then, I never played football when I go back to my hometown. Now that we are all grown up now, there is no more playing badminton in the middle of the night or litting firecrackers. Just about 3 years ago, we had a new neighbour. From the outside, they look troubled. There was a boy; a very young one. One who can barely say word. All he could do was gurgle. He ran out of the house naked.

Being the only girl then, boy oh boy, was I freaked! I don't see that family anywhere anymore. A new family moved in just last 2 years. How was your new year celebration experience? Maybe, you guys can say a little over here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quote: "Oh my gosh! You guys are flooding the cbox."

or else u expect us to use blogs to chat mer... lol of course use the cbox lar..